1 ) Comprehensiveness / Syumul / شمول
a) A message for all times
- message of all times generations from it was first revealed up to today and the next.
- The message of Muhammad s.a.w is eternal till the Day of Judgement.
- Morals, basis, and article of faith (and monotheism) are the sam efrom the first prophet up to the last prophet of Muhammad s.a.w.
وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولًا أَنِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّـهَ وَاجْتَنِبُوا الطَّاغُوتَ ۖ فَمِنْهُم مَّنْ هَدَى اللَّـهُ وَمِنْهُم مَّنْ حَقَّتْ عَلَيْهِ الضَّلَالَةُ ۚ فَسِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَانظُرُوا كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الْمُكَذِّبِينَ
And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
An Nahl [16:36]
- not limited to a certain timr or generation
- not limited to a certain place, nation, people or social class
- guidance to all people
- no distinction of region, state, country
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ
And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds
Al Anbiya [21:107]
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّـهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
Al Hujurat [49:13]
c) a message in all the phases of his life
- guidance to man throughout his life; childhood,adolescence, young, adulthood, middle age, old age, death
d) a message in every fields of life
- material or spiritual, individual or group, intellectual or practical, religious or political, economical or ethical.
-Al Aqqad: "Islam is the ideal doctrine for man".
Comprehensiveness in Islamic Teaching..
- answers the issue of divinity, prophethood, creation, man, universe
- clear view about God, man, satan, living of here after
- combines between heart(revealation) and mind
- complete belief
- uses all elements; tounge body, mind, senses
- ritual (prayer....) and all acts (jihad, trade..)
- covers all aspect of life; spiritual, physicals, religious, wordly, intellectual, emotional, individual, collective scale
- good deeds complement faith
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللَّـهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ ﴿٢﴾ الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ يُنفِقُونَ ﴿٣﴾ أُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ حَقًّا ۚ لَّهُمْ دَرَجَاتٌ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ وَمَغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ
The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely -(2) The ones who establish prayer, and from what We have provided them, they spend. (3) Those are the believers, truly. For them are degrees [of high position] with their Lord and forgiveness and noble provision.
Al Anfal [8:2]
4) Laws And Regulations
- acknowledges the Islamic Law (Shariah) - as shariah is to regulates life and establish justice.
Rewrite from : Understanding Islam